[Kde-events] [kde-promo] OpenExpo in Bern Spring 2010 and opinion needed for the Open Source Forum in September in Zürich , was Fwd: Anmeldung OpenExpo 2010 und Ankündigung Open Source Forum 2010

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Mon Jan 11 22:35:46 CET 2010

On Friday 08 January 2010 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> Since the webpage is for now a little sparse on what the Forum will exactly
>  be
>
> http://www.openexpo.ch/open-source-forum-2010/
>
> I think we have time to brainstorm on what we could propose. Most
> likely there will be talks and booths, but the exact format is not
> communicated yet.

Do you have some contacts at the organizers, so we could find out a bit more
about what the options are?

It would also be nice to know who are the participants, so we can judge what
is happening there, and how much effort we want to spend.

> I think it could also be really interesting for businesses who use KDE
> Software in their everyday work. Since many of our members work and do
> a living with KDE Software and Qt, this would be a great platform to
> show and present their work.

Yes, it sounds like it could be a good opportunity to show and also get some
input from others about the commercial viability of KDE.