[Kde-events] [kde-promo] OpenExpo in Bern Spring 2010 and opinion needed for the Open Source Forum in September in Zürich, was Fwd: Anmeldung OpenExpo 2010 und Ankündigung Open Source Forum 2010

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Jan 8 12:26:48 CET 2010

Hi Cornelius,

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:11, Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 18 December 2009 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>
>> Other news related to that: they will only have one OpenExpo per year,
>> since Winterthur was not up to expectations (no wonder, the location
>> there is sub-optimal IMHO), but they will now organize an
>> OpenSource-Forum in Zürich in September with a much broader reach. I
>> think we should have a look at that and do something interesting with
>> KDE there. I can surely give a hand in that event, too. This could be
>> definitely interesting with more business oriented applications like
>> e.g. KDE-PIM and KOffice.
>
> I would be interested to go there. Do you have any specific activities in
> mind? In what way could we get involved there, presentation, specific
> meetings, booth?

Since the webpage is for now a little sparse on what the Forum will exactly be

http://www.openexpo.ch/open-source-forum-2010/

I think we have time to brainstorm on what we could propose. Most
likely there will be talks and booths, but the exact format is not
communicated yet.
What I liked is the description of the Themes they have in mind:

Qoute from the website (in German):

Themen-Schwerpunkte:

*Strategischer Einsatz von Open Source Software

*Identifizierung und Evaluation von Produkten

*Beschaffung von Dienstleistungen und Knowhow

*Wartungsmodelle und Service Level Agreements

*Open Source-Produkte in business-kritischen Umgebungen

*Erfolgreiche Beispiele in unterschiedlichen Branchen

*Typische organisatorische und rechtliche Aspekte

*Erprobte Open Source Solution Stacks

*Was die Software-Branche von Open Source Communities lernen kann

*Best Practices des Open Source Entwicklungsmodells: Quality
Assurance, Software-Wiederverwendung, agile Entwicklungsmethoden, etc.

*Aufbau und Management von Open Source Projekten

*Erfolgreiche Business Models mit Open Source Software

/endquote

I think it could also be really interesting for businesses who use KDE
Software in their everyday work. Since many of our members work and do
a living with KDE Software and Qt, this would be a great platform to
show and present their work.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org