[Kde-events] FOSDEM coordination?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 23:37:03 CET 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
>   -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
> > Datum: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 00:04:59 +0100
> > Von: Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
> > An: kde-events at kde.org
> > Betreff: Re: [Kde-events] FOSDEM coordination?

> > > Depends what kind of coordination you are looking for. I coordinate the
> > > devroom aspect of FOSDEM, while I basically outsourced the booth to Jos
> > > Poortvliet. As said before, basic info is on the Wiki,
> > > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=FOSDEM2008
> > > I also think the other Bart and Wendy might know more details about the
> > > booth.

> > have

> > > Hmpf, I had to make a choice between a talk about Qt on Phones, and one
> > > about Thin Clients. Seems like I picked the wrong one given your demo
> > > material ;-)
> > >
> > > Btw, I'm urgently looking for a replacement for my CMake talk by
> >
> > Alexander
> >
> > > Neundorf (who doesn't reply), I saw you added a thing about KDE on
> > > other
> >
> > I somehow thought my idea for a cmake talk was rejected since Bill
> > already gives a full cmake talk.
> > It seems I got that wrong.
> > One talk is supposed to be 30 minutes ?
> > I could try something like "CMake news and secrets" (testing with ctest,
> > packaging with cpack, new stuff in 2.6)
> >
> > But I think Sunday 16:45-17:30 is too late for me, 9:30, 13:00 or 13:45
> > could
> > work for me. How urgent is it ? If you find somebody else, I'd be happy,
> > cause I don't really have time to prepare a talk currently.
> >
> > Alex
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> when I saw the mail from Bart Coppens who needed a fill in for your CMake
> talk I contacted him and offered to do one if needed (different topic,
> something about user interfaces and desktop environments on BSD).
>
> It is already sent to the fosdem people but not yet confirmed.
>
> Now that I see that you reply you could of course do your talk. But it
> looks like you don't have time to prepare one anyway. So if you look for a
> replacement I could just do that, what do you think, is that ok for you?

I would be ok with the 14:30 slot and I think I should be able to prepare a 30
min talk until then. This would be in the gnome devroom then ?
Topic would be "CMake news and secrets" or something like that, i.e. mainly
for developers who already know cmake (e.g. KDE developers) but here I will
present some things which are either new or not widely know.
Would that be appropriate for that devroom ?

Bye
Alex