[Kde-events] FOSDEM coordination?

Raphael Langerhorst raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at
Tue Feb 5 10:56:12 CET 2008

  -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 00:04:59 +0100
> Von: Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
> An: kde-events at kde.org
> Betreff: Re: [Kde-events] FOSDEM coordination?
> On Friday 01 February 2008, Bart Coppens wrote:
> > On Friday 01 February 2008 14:57, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > > Where is FOSDEM coordination happening? is that on this list?
> >
> > Depends what kind of coordination you are looking for. I coordinate the
> > devroom aspect of FOSDEM, while I basically outsourced the booth to Jos
> > Poortvliet. As said before, basic info is on the Wiki,
> > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=FOSDEM2008
> > I also think the other Bart and Wendy might know more details about the
> > booth.
> >
> > > I'll be bringing a server and two thin clients to FOSDEM, so we will
> have
> > > some stuff to demo KDE4 on.
> >
> > Hmpf, I had to make a choice between a talk about Qt on Phones, and one
> > about Thin Clients. Seems like I picked the wrong one given your demo
> > material ;-)
> >
> > Btw, I'm urgently looking for a replacement for my CMake talk by
> Alexander
> > Neundorf (who doesn't reply), I saw you added a thing about KDE on other
>
> I somehow thought my idea for a cmake talk was rejected since Bill already
> gives a full cmake talk.
> It seems I got that wrong.
> One talk is supposed to be 30 minutes ?
> I could try something like "CMake news and secrets" (testing with ctest,
> packaging with cpack, new stuff in 2.6)
>
> But I think Sunday 16:45-17:30 is too late for me, 9:30, 13:00 or 13:45
> could
> work for me. How urgent is it ? If you find somebody else, I'd be happy,
> cause I don't really have time to prepare a talk currently.
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

when I saw the mail from Bart Coppens who needed a fill in for your CMake talk I contacted him and offered to do one if needed (different topic, something about user interfaces and desktop environments on BSD).

It is already sent to the fosdem people but not yet confirmed.

Now that I see that you reply you could of course do your talk. But it looks like you don't have time to prepare one anyway. So if you look for a replacement I could just do that, what do you think, is that ok for you?

Best Regards,
Raphael