LabPlot & KDE Eco

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Fri Jun 17 12:25:20 BST 2022

Hello,

my name is Joseph De Veaugh-Geiss. I am Community & Project Manager of
the KDE Eco initiative, which focuses on eco-certification and energy
efficiency in the development of Free Software.

I saw at the LabPlot website that this list is the right place to ask
questions related to the project.

I am writing now because I am interested in finding interested
participants to help develop plotting and/or statistics tools for energy
consumption measurements.

In a few weeks in mid/late July (date tbd) we plan to hold a Sprint to
measure various KDE programs and further develop the tooling for
automating the measurement process. Would anyone here be interested in
joining virtually or in person to work on integrating LabPlot into the
energy consumption tools?

Of course all other KDE projects and developers are very welcome to get
involved as well :) It would be great to have you join the KDE Eco project!

Some background: In May we held a Sprint to set up a community
measurement lab at KDAB Berlin to measure the energy consumption of KDE
and Free Software. You can read about it here:

   https://eco.kde.org/blog/2022-05-30-sprint-lab-setup/

One contributor, Volker Krause, has also been hacking power plugs to
work as inexpensive power meters. He has been using LabPlot to visualize
the results. You can read his blog posts here:

   https://volkerkrause.eu/2020/10/17/kde-cheap-power-measurement-tools.html

   https://volkerkrause.eu/2022/05/28/kde-eco-sprint-may-2022.html

Volker mentioned he and Alexander Semke had been in touch, and I wanted
to follow up on that today :)

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)

---
KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @BE4FOSS at mastodon.social
Mailing list: