restarting driver in Ekos question?

Wes Mitchell wesm at dancingtrout.net
Tue Jun 7 01:13:04 BST 2022

Hi,

Computer: Mac Pro, trashcan, running OS 11.6

I was trying to test a setup with a main CCD and a guide camera. I was
adding equipment and moving USB connections around.
Often, ekos would not be able to find the camera after I moved it.
Sometimes, I would see an INFO message to the effect that "driver must
be restarted for changes to be recognized".

Question is: which driver? How do I restart it? Is there something in
the gui, or do I have to completely restart kstars? Restarting just Ekos
didn't work.

Can I force Ekos some way to rescan the USB connection tree?

I ended up shutting down kstars completely, removing and re-inserting
all USB connections, and finally things worked.
Ekos seemed to be really bothered by USB hub off the computer (I think I
read that somewhere). But I finally got a configuration to work where my
zwo 120 connected to the USB hub on the back of the zwo 183MC pro
camera, and was able to at least take snaps with the main camera.

I'm building a dark library now, will try the guide camera later.

Thanks for your help.
I'm getting a Raspberry PI soon, and looking forward to trying all this
with astroberry!

Wes