D25060: Fixing ASTAP Path on OS X and Setting Autostar as default for PHD2 Guiding

Hy Murveit noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 30 04:48:03 GMT 2019

murveit added a comment.

  You said: --Also right now with the current behavior with Ekos and PHD2, if the user has auto-star unchecked but has not clicked on a star to force PHD2 to use that star for guiding, then it lets PHD2 select a star automatically and doesn't force it to use a different lock position. It is only if the user has auto-star unchecked and then the user selects a star to use for guiding in the guide image that it actually makes PHD2 use that star when guiding. So really you don't have to have auto star checked as long as you don't select a guide star it will still guide automatically.

  Robert, I'm guessing the current behavior isn't quite as you describe.  FWIW, when I was having my issues, I had auto-star unchecked, but I did NOT select a guide star manually, and yet EKOS was forcing PHD2 to use a particular guide star coordinate (after a meridian flip).  Perhaps EKOS is determining PHD2's initial auto-star (pre-meridian-flip) the same as if the user had manually selected a star.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars