D17783: Add configuration menu in small numbers activity to support multiple domino types

Johnny Jazeix noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 27 17:39:31 GMT 2019

jjazeix added a comment.

  In D17783#399208 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17783#399208>, @AkshayCHD wrote:

  > @jjazeix Sorry, but i didn't completely understand the above comment regarding translation, can you please explain. Thanks :)

  Translators don't have the source code to translate the application. They only have https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/extragear-edu/gcompris_qt.pot?view=markup which corresponds to all the strings between qsTr().
  A "normal" comment in the code (either "//" or "/* */" is not displayed on these files. However, if we use a comment "//:", it is added for them (line 8): #. Activity title
  This helps them in two ways: knowing in which context they are (for here, we know it's the title of the activity so it will be displayed on the menu, so translators try to avoid having a large translation) and avoid misunderstanding (for example, if you have "orange" without more information, you don't know if it is the color or the fruit).

REPOSITORY
  R2 GCompris