Please help fixing bug KBruch #383865

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Thu Aug 31 06:41:17 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Sebastian Stein <seb.kde at hpfsc.de> wrote:

> Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> [170830 12:43]:
> > >From what I understood you set really big fonts but you didnt' set the
> > scale factor on the system, is that correct?
> >
> > Also, Perhaps it would be beneficial if we transform this particular app
> > Qml / Kirigami because it would fix a lot of potential errors on the Qt
> > Widgets version and also enable it on mobile.
> >
> > What you think?
>
> Personally, I can't really comment on it as I haven't done any KDE/Qt/C++
> development for at least 5 years. So if the experts say this is the way to
> move forward, I agree :-)

I'm no expert :)

> Also, it is bothering me that there are no unit tests for the computational
> part of the app. When I implemented the app 10 years ago, there was no
> common approach for unit testing in KDE apps. I'm not sure if that changed
> in the meantime. I would be willing to implement unit tests if someone
> points me to a guide how to do it in KDE.

I would love to have you back for real, if you give me permission I'll
implement the basics of unittests on KBruch so you can fill the void
(considering that I have never worked with kbruch code, but it doesn't
seems too complex to add the skeleton of testing)

About not having contributed a single line in 5 years: That's life, and if
you would like to get back hacking and getting aquainted to newer versions
of C++ and Qt, I would gladly spend time with you showing all the new cool
stuff. :)

Regards,
Tomaz