Please help fixing bug KBruch #383865

Sebastian Stein seb.kde at hpfsc.de
Wed Aug 30 10:47:21 UTC 2017

Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> [170830 12:43]:
> >From what I understood you set really big fonts but you didnt' set the
> scale factor on the system, is that correct?
>
> Also, Perhaps it would be beneficial if we transform this particular app to
> Qml / Kirigami because it would fix a lot of potential errors on the Qt
> Widgets version and also enable it on mobile.
>
> What you think?

Personally, I can't really comment on it as I haven't done any KDE/Qt/C++
development for at least 5 years. So if the experts say this is the way to
move forward, I agree :-)

Also, it is bothering me that there are no unit tests for the computational
part of the app. When I implemented the app 10 years ago, there was no
common approach for unit testing in KDE apps. I'm not sure if that changed
in the meantime. I would be willing to implement unit tests if someone
points me to a guide how to do it in KDE.

Regards,
Sebastian