Cyrillic Mongolian keyboard for KTouch

Sebastian Gottfried sebastian.gottfried at posteo.de
Thu Nov 3 09:02:48 UTC 2016

Hi Oliver,

https://github.com/KDE/ktouch/blob/KDE/4.0/extras/training-gen/perl/ktouch-gen.pl ?

> There is also ktouch-wiki-gen, that grab wikipedia articles, perhaps a
> better script to have more frequently used words:
> https://github.com/nibalizer/ktouch-wiki-gen
Both scripts generate output in the old KTouch 1 format. Two options:
 * fix the scripts
 * use the converter scripts on their output: https://github.com/KDE/ktouch/
blob/master/extras/scripts/convert-course.py

> ktouch-gen.pl, uses aspell dictionary to build auto-generated lessons,
> so this is used words, perhaps not the most frequently used, but at
> least a good base, to learn typing in a language.
Not really. It tries to incorporate words form the dictionary, but often fails
miserably. Just have a look at one of the may included courses created by this
script: https://github.com/KDE/ktouch/blob/master/data/courses/us.xml
I wouldn't call this English.

> As no Mongolian people, has wrote any lesson, that's probably the best
method until one of the about 3 million Mongolia people come here.
They can still train on custom lesson with arbitrary texts (like news articles
etc).

Best regards,
Sebastian