GCompris on its way to a public release

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Sep 22 22:11:53 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Some news on our effort to port GCompris in Qt Quick.

We now ported a large number of activities (83 by now) and we are
covering a large spectrum in domain and target age. I believe we have
enough content now to make an official release, hopefully by the end of
the year.

I will thus stop porting activities for a while and focus on building
this official release, first working on bug fixing and usability.

Another important topic is to provide better instructions on each
activity. This is an area where GCompris has always lacking. We have
room for improvements there. To help on this task I extracted all of
them on an online editor:
http://lite4.framapad.org/p/GCompris_ActivityInfo.qml

Next points are to connect GCompris with the KDE translation system and
team and the packaging.

Thanks everybody out there who already contributed. It is quiet
ambitious to port GCompris to Qt Quick and I am pretty impressive by
what we accomplished in so little time.

It would misrepresent our work to ship a version with bugs and bad
documentation. Let's make this last effort before we show the world our
work.

Bruno.