The next file format

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 01:36:05 UTC 2014

KNewStuff3 can work with any server that implements the OCS REST
protocol. Currently the only implementation of it is closed source
though, and runs on kde-look.org and such. An open alternative has
been in the works called bodega, but I'm not sure how functional it is
yet though I have heard good things. KNewStuff3 doesn't yet work with
bodega though, but it should be possible to create a bodega backend
for KNewStuff3.

BR,
Jeremy