The next file format

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Sep 2 20:12:19 UTC 2014

Le 27/08/2014 21:31, Andreas Xavier a écrit :
> You may be looking for.
> http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/knewstuff/html/index.html

Hi, I am aware of this technology but did not dig into it because I have
been told it relies on some proprietary code on the server side.
Probably no more true for the version 3. Just started to look at it,
it's more broad than what I though. We definitely have to check is this
covers our requirements.

Do you know what server side component is used at KDE?

> Yes. For referencing content across multiple files, CoLa has already
> suggested ids of the form, org.kde.edu.$COLLECTION.$UUID Perhaps we
> could generalize them to, org.kde.edu.$COLLECTION.$UUID to provide
> better orientation within the file.

I like this, in GCompris we also use $LOCALE in our urls to reference a
locale specific content. At runtime we replace $LOCALE in the url by the
current locale like 'fr'. An example explains it better:
voices/$LOCALE/colors/yellow.ogg.

Bruno.