Finding Boost-Python using CMake in Kig

Maurizio Paolini paolini at dmf.unicatt.it
Sun Mar 17 15:09:01 UTC 2013

I beg your pardon, but I don't understand exactly what you mean.

The link you posted:
> > > [1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/raring/kig

point to a page that (seems to me) contains package requires, not
build requires... indeed I do not find any reference to libboost-python-dev
(or whatever is its name).

============ start of Fedora section ==============
Since I am a fedora user I decided to look at how kig is packaged for
Fedora.  The "spec" file for the latest fedora 18 source rpm contains
the following lines:

----- snippet from kig.spec in kig-4.9.5-1.fc18.src.rpm ------
# Kig can optionally use Boost.Python for Python scripting
BuildRequires: boost-devel
BuildRequires: desktop-file-utils
BuildRequires: kdelibs4-devel >= %{version}
BuildRequires: python-devel python

Requires: kdebase-runtime%{?_kde4_version: >= %{_kde4_version}}
Requires: kate-part%{?_kde4_version: >= %{_kde4_version}}

# when split occurred
Conflicts: kdeedu-math < 4.7.0-10

with a very clear meaning... all in all the spec file is very
clean, with no special handling in fedora with respect to the kde tarball.
=========== end of Fedora section =================

What is the analog in debian/ubuntu of the fedora rpm spec file?

What about other distros?  I am not really sure that we should place *all* the
blame on the packagers, perhaps we could at least take the issue seriously.

Maurizio