Finding Boost-Python using CMake in Kig

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 17 11:24:14 UTC 2013

Alle domenica 17 marzo 2013, Maurizio Paolini ha scritto:
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:10:30AM +0100, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > Alle domenica 17 marzo 2013, David Narvaez ha scritto:
> > > Recently, we had a report in this list about an Ubuntu user whose
> > > distro package for Kig didn't have Python scripting support[0].
> >
> > The (k)ubuntu packagers simply forgot to add the
> > libboost-python-dev (or whatever is the versioned boost -dev they
> > use) build dependency to their package. It looks like [1] the
> > development version fixed the issue.
> >
> > [1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/raring/kig
>
> That would mean that during kig build time the required library was
> missing and the problem was not in the build script.  This should be
> tested...

No, this just shows whoever did the (k)ubuntu packaging did not even
read the build log, otherwise they would have found out that
a) no boost -dev packages were installed at all
b) that the build log (just like the one linked in LP#1111697) said
| -- Looking for C++ include boost/shared_ptr.hpp
| -- Looking for C++ include boost/shared_ptr.hpp - not found

There also was a "log feature" output missing (which would have pointed
out a bit more clearly the lack of boost+python), and that was committed
to master before 4.10.

--
Pino Toscano