KTouch

Sebastian Gottfried sebastiangottfried at web.de
Mon May 14 09:27:54 UTC 2012

Hi Laszlo,

> 2) Like I wrote, kdeclarative was marked as experimental when I last
> checked. It did not bring itself as a stable something. It is an
> unstable and experimental as the Qt Desktop Components. As far as I
> know, we do not even promise the same compatibility level for those as
> for stable modules in kdelibs. Not to forget, distributions like
> Kubuntu and so forth packaged that separately with clearly marking as
> "experimental".
Even if I would use Qt Components I still would have to use kdeclarative
because this library provides several things:

1) It sets up the access to Plasma Components by registering a new import
path.

2) It extends the script engine bindings with support for a few more types
and, most importantly, for KDE's i18n infrastructure.

I think we can't do without that, even if it's marked as experimental. And
because every KDE application using QML has this need I think this library
will stay around in one form or another.

Best regards,

Sebastian Gottfried