KTouch

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri May 4 07:01:15 UTC 2012

Hi Simion,

> Hi Lazlo,

My first name is "Laszlo".

> Did you tried the application first?

Like I said, different people prefer distinct solutions. This is not
my preference, and as such: I have not accordingly tried. Please note
that, I am not referring to the actual code base, plasma frontend
feature set and so forth yet. I am merely talking about the
integration process.

> Also any constructive ideas?

Yes, and actually I have even told that. :-) Then again, please check
out the kanagram or khangman (I presume there are more examples)
repositories how a new frontend addition happened in those cases. I
can understand that certain code bases were not written with new UI
frontends in mind back then, but still: we need to have a proper
replacement if would like to drop anything.

In other words, the desktop frontend and the new one can co-exist. For
sure, it is not always possible to port the existing desktop frontend
to a modified functionality code, but the already existing frontend
should not become broken without a proper replacement, if needed. That
is why I asked my first questions, really. :-)

> I will try to make time in weeekend and compile it on mu kubuntu(if someone
> has instructions or a package would be great)
> Now if the logic code is clener and better then oin the old application what
> is so hard to create an alternative interface? the old interface is easy to
> make)at least the main window) .

Then why is there no replacement, or the keeping of the previous as an
alternative for the users ?

> To all KDE-edu  comunity please keep you mind open and give the application a
> try and work with the developer to improve it.( I am not the developer and I
> do not know him)

My impression is that the KDE Edu community has an open mind set. That
is my concern why "plasma is the only true way" is no go. Contributors
and developers should handle the existing code and user base
carefully. That is all I wished to highlight.

Do not get me wrong. :-) I am not saying the plasma frontend with the
plasma component set might not be great for plasma addicts.

> What I would like to check first in the application is the support for people
> with eye problems, like possibility to configure the fonts sizes.

That is a good idea in my opinion.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp