KmPlot sliders usage and associated bug

Rahul Sharma rahulveera2009 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 08:02:31 UTC 2012

Hi,
I looked into the view.cpp updatesliders() function, and I have arrived at
the conclusion that the variable needSliderWindow does have a use here. I
think that the control if() statement, in which the bool variable
needSliderWindow is set to true, it checks whether the Slider checkbox in
the left panel (function tab) is checked or not, depending on which it sets
the checkable bool of m_menuSliderAction to true.

And I think the intention was that when the Slider checkbox is checked, the
slider window should pop-up and when it is unchecked slider window should
hide.

And as you were saying there is no need to have that as a toggle. That can
be done in another way and just setting
m_menuSliderAction->setchecked(true) does not fulfill the aim here.

And one more thing I wanted to point out here is about my patch. Actually,
when I looked into the code of the ksliderwindow.cpp, I found out that in
order to handle the check of the m_menuSliderAction there is a slot called
closeevent which emits a windowclosed signal when the window is closed,
which is only called when closeevent is called. But the close button of the
slider window uses a done() (perhaps inheritted from QDialog as far as I
remember) to close the window which does not emit a closeevent and the the
m_menuSliderAction becomes faulty, so I just fixed that.

-Regards
 Rahul Sharma
 (NUM_1 on irc.freenode.net)