KmPlot sliders usage and associated bug

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri Mar 2 15:00:12 UTC 2012

On 03/02/2012 01:10 PM, Rahul Sharma wrote:
> Hi Anne-Marie,
> First of all, thanks for having a look at my review-request.
> I fully understand what you say, and as you had said earlier I had
> sent a mail to the mailing list regarding this issue.
> But I could not get good suggestions on it, and meanwhile I found out
> why the "close" button didn't behave as expected for toggle, so I sent
> this patch and Lueck confirmed that the patch worked for him.

OK so I removed slidersWindowClosed(); to solve 1)

There is some code to investigate to understand those sliders: in
view.cpp, line 3929 we have
void View::updateSliders()
which does things I do not understand.
What's the bool needSliderWindow use?
Could it be that the Close button on the dialog is like "Hide" and that
patch from comment 3 in the bug report is right?
If you can explain the above I think we'll know more about the intention
of the code.

Are you up to look into this? I don't think the developer who coded this
is still involved in this mailing list so it's up to us to fix this
properly.

Anne-Marie