My Rocs work plan for KDE SC 4.9

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sun Jan 8 13:27:06 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr
<phoenixx at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
> Hey, a (pretty late) Happy New Year!
>

> Since my current paper deadline is approaching and hence time for hacking at
> Rocs will be plenty, soon, here a small list of the major things I am
> planning to do for the next release:
>

> 1. Rocs Lib (especially the visual graph editor and data structure backend):
> I am planning a general cleanup, especially Unit Tests, CMakeLists, Coding
> Styles, API, file structure,... -- with KDE SC 4.9 I would like to have the
> lib in such a shape that it could even be used by another project :)
> [actually I have a faint idea about a graphical literature mindmap tool...
> but let's not talk about unlaid eggs]
>

> 2. Actions at GraphEditor: Continuing the work from the last (well current)
> release.
>

> 3. Simulate: Besides the "Run" and "Stop" button I will introduce a
> "Simulate" Button that allows after script execution to reset the graph to
> its state before the execution was started. [missed this badly last year
> during my research]
>

> 4. Graph Property Widget: UI cleanup.
>

> Greetings,
>

> Andreas

Hey.

My plan for the 4.9 release cycle is:

1 - New Plugin for 'Simple Data Structures'  ( Array and Matrix ), I
want to be able to use Rocs for teaching algorithms
2 - Edit the Nodes and edges on canvas ( that will kill the Node and
Edge property dialogs, and it will make things much cleaner )
3 - Work on the Libs parts. you want to build a mindmap, I want to
make a flowchart app =)
4 - Black/Red Tree, AVL Tree Plugins.
5 - finish the KWelcomeWidget to make a HomeScreen for Rocs.

Ah, just forgot, Andreas and Wagner, send me your Addresses, so I can
send you my Christmas Gift =)
Tomaz