My Rocs work plan for KDE SC 4.9

Wagner Reck wagner.reck at unipampa.edu.br
Sun Jan 8 22:43:15 UTC 2012

Hello! (yes, i still alive)

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr
> <phoenixx at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
>> Hey, a (pretty late) Happy New Year!
>>

>> Since my current paper deadline is approaching and hence time for hacking at
>> Rocs will be plenty, soon, here a small list of the major things I am
>> planning to do for the next release:
>>

>> 1. Rocs Lib (especially the visual graph editor and data structure backend):
>> I am planning a general cleanup, especially Unit Tests, CMakeLists, Coding
>> Styles, API, file structure,... -- with KDE SC 4.9 I would like to have the
>> lib in such a shape that it could even be used by another project :)
>> [actually I have a faint idea about a graphical literature mindmap tool...
>> but let's not talk about unlaid eggs]
>>

>> 2. Actions at GraphEditor: Continuing the work from the last (well current)
>> release.
>>

>> 3. Simulate: Besides the "Run" and "Stop" button I will introduce a
>> "Simulate" Button that allows after script execution to reset the graph to
>> its state before the execution was started. [missed this badly last year
>> during my research]
>>

>> 4. Graph Property Widget: UI cleanup.
>>

>> Greetings,
>>

>> Andreas
>
> Hey.
>
> My plan for the 4.9 release cycle is:
>
> 1 - New Plugin for 'Simple Data Structures'  ( Array and Matrix ), I
> want to be able to use Rocs for teaching algorithms

all memory allocations, including single variables?

> 2 - Edit the Nodes and edges on canvas ( that will kill the Node and
> Edge property dialogs, and it will make things much cleaner )
> 3 - Work on the Libs parts. you want to build a mindmap, I want to
> make a flowchart app =)
> 4 - Black/Red Tree, AVL Tree Plugins.
Tomaz, i will give data structure class here in the university and the
topics will be Trees and Graphs. Want to let to me build tree plugins?
> 5 - finish the KWelcomeWidget to make a HomeScreen for Rocs.

Other thing that i was thinking is about step-by-step simulation and
the return of script debbuger.

> Ah, just forgot, Andreas and Wagner, send me your Addresses, so I can
> send you my Christmas Gift =)

Tomaz, send your address too.

Wagner Reck
R. Antônio R. Rogoski, 49
Alegrete - RS
CEP 97547-490

and my phone number is +55 55 8414 5294.