Kpairs Theme Schema

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri Sep 2 07:58:56 UTC 2011

On Wed August 31 2011 23:46:20 Marco Calignano wrote:

> Ok i read a bit the specific of the kvtml format and i don't think that
> could be applied to kpairs for the theme.
> But of course I am no expert so I would like to see the same example in
> kvtml  so I can get convinced and use it.
> Can anyone "translate" ( <- :) ) that to kvtml
> Thanks
> Marco
Hi,

About kvtml: attached is a small file with 2 entries zoo.kvtml (I am not a
kvtml guru though)
dtd can be found at
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeedu/libkdeedu/repository/revisions/master/changes/keduvocdocument/kvtml2.dtd

pros of using kvtml:
parser ready
editor can be extended for users to easily contribute (based on Kanagram
editor and improve it for example)

cons:
does not directly fit the needs (would need extensions)
not sure how other progs would find the adequate files anyway (KHangMan would
need only text-text pairs files for example)

As far as I see it, pros are programatically oriented: less code to do.

A new format is a lot of work though. Keep it simple (do we need miss and
found sounds per theme? and even a theme sound? that seems a lot of work for
the theme designer, pictures, xml file, sounds,...)

There are 2 sides in the theme support: to make people contribute themes
easily and to easily read themes from the game.

I like the first draft of the xml you sent minus all I said above. Supporting
categories as said Todd is a good idea.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie