KTurtle translation ---where to begin?

Niels Slot nielsslot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:41:11 UTC 2011

Hi Anna-Marie,

I, a KTurtle developer, am not aware of any problems or bugs like this. I'm
currently running KTurtle from Git with a KDE installation from packages on
Kubuntu 11.10. I can run scripts in Dutch without any problems. Do you only
experience problems with Danish, or also other languages (besides English)?

All installed languages should show up in the Settings -> Script language
menu. If the user changes the language there, KTurtle will reread the
current script in the newly selected language.

Internally KTurtle uses KLocale to get the list of languages and the
translated commands. The code that does this hasn't been changed for some
years, which really makes me wonder where this problem comes from.

Maybe it's something related to your configuration? Do you have a KDE
installation from Git? Which languages are installed? Which language is as
your locale?

Regards,

Niels