[kde-edu]: Re: Asy exporter: Bezier curves

Maurizio Paolini paolini at dmf.unicatt.it
Tue Mar 29 10:06:28 CEST 2011

I committed the Raoul patch; the patch was however purged of
any stilistic modifications and I only kept the code changes
and copyright updates.
Stilistic modifications could perhaps be applied separately,
but perhaps someone else than me should do that.

Raoul: thank you very much for the time you spent on the asy
exporter.  I really like this feature!

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 03:03:00AM +0200, Raoul wrote:
> Hi,

> In the mean time I fixed this. But I plan to review the
> pgf/Tikz exporter later anyway. (If this is ok for you.)

Fine.

> I also added quadratic Beziers to asy without relying
> to the generic curve output.

A quadratic Bezier is actually a conic arc... perhaps we should somehow
take advantage of this (I mean, not just for exporting) since I have the
feeling that kig is not aware of this possible identification...

> > I also hope that Raoul could try to investigate the problems that
> > he mentions in his mail.
>
> I'll try, but I won't promise any time limit. There are many things
> missing and several Bugs in the existing exporters. And probably
> I'll have many more questions about Kig internals ...

Whatever you are able to do is welcome!

> By the way, what do you think about putting the PSTricks and Tikz
> impvisitors in separate files as I did with the asy impvisitor? This
> would help clean up the huge latexexporter file.

I cannot comment on this.  Pino, can you comment?

Maurizio