[kde-edu]: Re: Dates for the KDE Edu meeting 2011 in Bilbao

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sat Jan 29 22:12:54 CET 2011

On samedi 29 janvier 2011 18:29:40 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 January 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 25, 2011, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > > That would mean, in the end, that this sprint would take from the 7th
> > > to 11th April.
> >
> > i might be able to make it. the reason for my being there would be to
> > continue working towards Plasma Classroom (some early infrastructure bits
> > have started to be put in place, but not much else beyond that yet). i'd
> > be travelling from Zurich, so travel time and expense shouldn't be too
> > bad. so i'm interested if you'll have me. i won't be able to confirm my
> > attendance probably until sometime in late february, however :/
>
> oddball proposal (maybe a bit late to organize/fit?)
>
> could the location either a) fit more people and/or b) for longer?
> could be done something like making kdeedu+tokamak, but with the two only
> partially overlapping (like half a week kdeedu, then plasma folks invade,
> half a week of meeting with everyone, half a week with plasma) with of
> course who can/want be for whole thing be welcome to do so.
> this would make:
> easier/cheaper for who is interested in both, cheaper for ev for eventual
> reimbouses
> but with the both being only partially overlapping, we get both broader
> dicussions, and time for a more small, focused sprint.
>
> of course there is a ginormous other face of the coin, the additional
> burden for whoever organizes/puts the place could make it a big big no go.
- Is Tokamak already planned? If so where and when?
- Most Edu devels cannot attend for an entire week (having non-related IT jobs
and families) so I don't know how possible your proposal could be.
- We also chose this location because the organizers have a strong connection
with teachers using our software and we do want to get more in touch with our
users. So I think changing the location is a pretty much not an option for us.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie