Help sought to build KDE SC & Qt Framework.

Andreas Cord-Landwehr phoenixx at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Dec 28 08:19:29 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 28 December 2011 12:41:50 Ankit Bhatnagar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to build my SC, but haven't had much progress into it. I
> have tried using the Project Neon method of doing it and I could manage a
> bit of it altogether. Now, could anyone guide me in ---
> 1) Building my KDE SC
> 2) then the specific project framework; I've already begun working for KDE
> EDU ( Rocs & Kalgebra, at present)
> 3) and last the Qt Framework also, if at all.
>
> Also comment on, if Project Neon should be the appropriate method of
> building my environment or I go the traditional way, scratch from source.

Hi Ankit,

usually it is not necessary to build the full KDE SC plus Qt by yourself only
to be able to work on one of the EDU applications. In most cases it sufficies
to install the *-dev packages by your distribution (those packages are often
indicated by *-dev postfix).

For compile und install Rocs, I wrote this rather short howto some time ago:
   http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/Rocs
However, for compiling the development packages for kdelibs, Qt and Boost must
be installed.

Greetings,
   Andreas