Help sought to build KDE SC & Qt Framework.

Ankit Bhatnagar ankitbhatnagar2012 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 08:28:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr <
phoenixx at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

> **
>
> On Wednesday 28 December 2011 12:41:50 Ankit Bhatnagar wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>

> > I've been trying to build my SC, but haven't had much progress into it. I
>
> > have tried using the Project Neon method of doing it and I could manage a
>
> > bit of it altogether. Now, could anyone guide me in ---
>
> > 1) Building my KDE SC
>
> > 2) then the specific project framework; I've already begun working for
> KDE
>
> > EDU ( Rocs & Kalgebra, at present)
>
> > 3) and last the Qt Framework also, if at all.
>

> > Also comment on, if Project Neon should be the appropriate method of
>
> > building my environment or I go the traditional way, scratch from source.
>

> Hi Ankit,
>

> usually it is not necessary to build the full KDE SC plus Qt by yourself
> only to be able to work on one of the EDU applications. In most cases it
> sufficies to install the *-dev packages by your distribution (those
> packages are often indicated by *-dev postfix).
>

> For compile und install Rocs, I wrote this rather short howto some time
> ago:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/Rocs
>
> However, for compiling the development packages for kdelibs, Qt and Boost
> must be installed.

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the information.
I guess, I didn't furnish all the information straightaway. I had rather
meant for "development" of the above-mentioned apps. I am willing to
contribute to KDE EDU and thus, I require the so-said software compilations.

Wishes.
Ankit.