Want to Contribute to KDE-Edu Community.

Ankit Bhatnagar ankitbhatnagar2012 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 13:52:31 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Ankit Bhatnagar
> <ankitbhatnagar2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > This is Ankit Bhatnagar - Third-year Undergraduate, Computer Science
> > Engineering - University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab
> > University, Chandigarh ( India ). I wish to contribute to the KDE-Edu
> > projects or rather to the entire KDE Community as a whole. I have fair
> > proficiency in C/C++ development, though I've just begun experimenting
> with
> > Qt/QML. I've also been working with Web Development of-late and do have a
> > grasp of things associated.
> >
> > I hope to help the community with my skills and in turn, learn a lot as
> > well. Any suggestions/information to begin contributing, is
> > well-appreciated.
>
> Ankit,
>
> It's a bit hard on 'where to start contributing', because if you wanna
> help us doing something, must be something that you will like to do.
> we have a very good amount of software, and we always welcome new
> partners, but what do you want do do?
>
> if you need to learn Qt, I sugest you to play with some easy
> educational apps or games, till the time that you feel confortable to
> do something more challenging.
>
> you can take a look here, at the techbase, for some information on how
> to get started.
>
> http://techbase.kde.org
>
> regards,
> Tomaz

Thanks a lot, Tomaz. That information is highly appreciated.

What I really meant was, how do I begin contributing, in the sense of
working straight-away. As for the basics, I've already been through the
Techbase & the API tutorials, though just about roughly. I have consulted
with one of my seniors in College, who did GSoC 2011 for KDE.

Therefore, if you could help me, finding some kind of work, that I could
begin with. Do I have to begin with Bug Reporting or doing Junior Jobs as
slated on various projects; or Is there still something that I could do,
apart the above.

Wishes.
Ankit Bhatnagar.