[kde-edu]: Re: Compiling Cantor

Alexander Rieder alexanderrieder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:37:24 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Uwe Fechner <u.fechner at tudelft.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> yes, I can compile Cantor now including the cantor plugins.
>
> I can reproduce the bug, that I want to fix.
>
> The only strange thing:
> If I enter "sin(x)" into an empty sage worksheet, I get:
>
> sin(x)
>
> \begin{eqnarray*}\newcommand{\Bold}[1]{\mathbf{#1}}\sin\left(x\right)\end{eqnarray*}
>
> So the latex source code is shown, instead of the formula.
>
> This does not happen, if I open old worksheets.
> Strange.
>
> On the command line I get the following messages:
>
> ufechner at dell-laptop:~$ cantor
> cantor(6620)/kdecore (KLibrary) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libcantorpart.so"
> Object::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
> cantor(6620)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "" with KXMLGUIFactory!
> Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
> IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
>
> Regards:
>
> Uwe

Hi,
It looks like the call to the "latex" command somehow fails. Can you
make sure that it is correctly set up, and in your $PATH?
(You can also set the path, cantor uses by modifing your cantorrc file
in ~/.kde/share/apps (or something similar), just add a line saying
LatexCommand=/some/path/to/latex inside the [Cantor] group)
Also, the debugging output you posted is not very helpful, as it
doesn't really contain anything that comes directly from cantor.
To enable cantors debugging, you can run "kdebugdialog" and make sure
anything with cantor in its name is enabled.
That way you should get way more debugging output, telling you
anything cantor is doing. If you post it here, I might be able to help
you more.