[kde-edu]: plasma edu

Agustín Benito Bethencourt (Toscalix) toscalix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:24:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

from my point of view, before beginning the actual work, we should define very
well the target. Dependng on the countries, education is divided into different
levels, but we can separate them in 4 different levels (as Linex did back in
2006):
a.- No readers (do not know how to read)
b.- Neo-readers (in the process of learning how to read)
c.- readers (they read but their comprehensive level is not mature)
d.- "Adults" they read and has normal comprehensive level

From the layout point of view this four groups are different.

There are several point to have in consideration to choose the target.

a.- What do kde-edu people prefer to go for in first place (and planma devs)
b.- Where the demand comes from. Maybe we can ask deployers about which want
should be done first.
c.- Maybe I can ask Linex (probably SkoleLinux people also can do this) about
the ffedback they've got from their experiences with these layouts done with
gnome thay have.
d.- What apps do we want to promote, I mean, for whom are edu apps designed.

--
Saludos

---
Agustín Benito Bethencourt (toscalix)