[kde-edu]: plasma edu

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Thu Jul 15 02:04:23 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> hi everyone :)

Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

> * we need to write documentation of what we want to achieve and where we are
> right now, this will go here for now:
>
>         http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Classroom

I added some preliminary info about the Linux Educational (Brazilian
deployment) requirements there earlier today, and...

> current action items:
>
> * get the javascript layout that mimics the java bar used in Brazil in svn

Artur already has a preliminary version of this, based on the legacy
artwork I posted on the wiki. I sent an email earlier today to the
Linux Educacional team as well inviting them to join the discussion on
this list, let us see how it goes.

Speaking about integration with the KDE Edu community, Aleix and
Albert are here, and they have some ideas that were presented at the
BoF last Tuesday morning. So I think this is indeed a good meeting
place for all things edu-related, and hopefully we can get teachers
into the discussion as well.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini