[kde-edu]: Step without kdelibs?

Tomaz Canabrava tumaix at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:10:54 CET 2010

that's not a possibility. step does use KDE libs for various stuff,
but installing a library will not bloat your computer...
you don't need to have the kdebase packages installed, just kdelibs.
and also don't need to run a kde session to use it.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:56 AM,  <v_2e at ukr.net> wrote:
>  Hello!
>  I've learnt recently about "Step" existence. And now I have such a
> question: is it possible to use Step without KDE installed?
>  The problem is that I am not a KDE user (since the time KDE3 was
> excluded from GGL's Portage tree) and I do not want any additional
> libraries installed on my system, but I do want to use some programs
> from KDE-Edu project. I use Marble for some time already (I even try
> to write some plugins to Marble) and now I would like to start using
> (and developing) Step, but I'm not sure if I can do that without
> installing KDE libraries. Please, tell me if there is such a
> possibility.
>
>  Thanks in advance.
>  Vladimir.
>
> -----
>  <v_2e at ukr.net>

Um Computador sem Windows é como um Navio sem dançarinas de Can-Can