[kde-edu]: Re: KDE edu in schools

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Thu Dec 23 16:20:55 CET 2010

Martijn van Duren <martijn987 at gmail.com> [101223 16:13]:
> Through these talks I came to the KDE edu suite. Since I can't afford to
> look deeply into the entire documentation to find these answers and also
> because I want to get some insight from and to get some discussion with
> the people directly related to this project I post my questions here:

Judging from your questions, I think you are looking for something else. KDE
Edu is a collection of edutainment apps. For example, you got one for
learning vocabulary and another one for exploring the stellar system on your
computer. However, those apps don't track learning progress and are not
integrated in the sense of having some kind of server backend to track pupil
records.

The use-case is different. I would expect that a math teacher for example
uses Kig as part of his lessons to allow pupils to do geometry on the
computer. But he won't use Kig to track the progress of his students.

To get an idea of the applications available, take a look here:

http://edu.kde.org/applications/all/

Regards,

Sebastian
--