[kde-edu]: Strange request for information...

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed Oct 21 15:15:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

Your request isn't as strange as you might think ;)
In fact using Marble as a panorama viewer is something that I'd like to have
implemented properly at some point.

Am Mittwoch 21 Oktober 2009 14:00:56 schrieb Jason Winters:
>   What I would like to do is create an "art" project that uses panoramas
> and time...  You can pan around the picture, and
> then "zoom" through time.  The idea was to use the zoom features of
> something like Marble and supply my own layers
> of different "resolution", with different images (taken at different
> times) that would reveal when the user zoomed in.

Have a look at

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3269

The information presented there is a bit outdated already but
it should provide a good starting point to see how you could achieve
your goal. And the best thing is that you don't even need to change source
code in order to make Marble a "Panorama Viewer".

If you have further questions then you can also ask on IRC (freenode,
#marble).

Once you succeed it would be great if you could document your steps and
experience here:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble

Regards,

Torsten