[kde-edu]: Strange request for information...

Jason Winters jason at txt.com
Wed Oct 21 14:00:56 CEST 2009

Greetings All!

   I have a rather different use in mind for something like this... I
don't know if there is software around that will
do what I want, but thought this project would be a good start.

  What I would like to do is create an "art" project that uses panoramas
and time...  You can pan around the picture, and
then "zoom" through time.  The idea was to use the zoom features of
something like Marble and supply my own layers
of different "resolution", with different images (taken at different
times) that would reveal when the user zoomed in.

  Is there software around that can be modified to do something like
this?  Can I replace the images in Marble with
my own, to accomplish something like this?

Thanks in advance!

Jason