[kde-edu]: First file Vocabulary Trainer for Parley uploaded

Sabine Emmy Eller s.eller at i-iter.org
Thu Oct 1 17:57:18 CEST 2009

Hi, I just uploaded the first file of a set of Vocabulary trainers here:

http://kde-files.org/content/show.php?content=112970
English-Ukrainian

I hope I got everything right.

At first we started to work from an existing list, but soon we noted that
there were too many issues. Therefore we started from scratch avoiding
problems as much as possible. Therefore for now there is also no
categorisation and the terms are not classified as nouns/verbs etc. This
will come in future versions.

The translations were mainly made during a translation marathon during
Agis09 (http://agis09.org). We were traslating in Limerick and in 4 other
countries. In the end just a hand ful of pepole that really made a lot of
stuff.

Right now we found some more people helping to get French and Italian as
well as some other languages on the way.

We as Vox Humanitatis decided to go for the KDE Educational project for
various reasons and we hope that over time a good co-operation and even a
partnership with KDE-Educational will result out of this. One very positive
point is that the software can also be installed on Windows. In fact Outi
Sané who cares about North European and some African languages uses it on
Windows.

We believe that our growing team of involved over time will find it fun to
see the projects grow. It's like so often: one drop at a time we create a
river and many rivers flow into an ocean.

We are now looking into integrating Hang-Man and some question/answer
eduationals like "What is the capital of Italy?" requiring the answer "Rome"
into our "to be translated" parts.

I am coyping this e-mail also to our translators list in order to have
people know that we actually started to commit files. They will be delivered
quite slowly I suppose, depending on other organisational work that needs
doing.

Kind regards,

Sabine Emmy Eller
CCO - Vox Humanitatis