[kde-edu]: Beyond KDE-Edu as it is now

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 20:37:15 CET 2009

Am Tuesday 20 January 2009 19:31:56 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> Would this mailing list, oriented so far to target Edu applications, be the
> one where we also could discuss about admin tools, a desktop, etc? Or
> should we set a new mailing list for that?

I am. For example, I was in the german TV (reginal show) and talked about the
situation in german schools. With me was the head of a quite big school
server system (called Arktur, based on Linux).

> And how can we gather more feedback? get more in touch with classrooms, IT
> people, schools admins?

I am a chemistry+biology+cs teacher who is also the admin of his school with
2000+ students and the one (with some others (<5)) who decides what to buy or
not to buy. I guess fit into Anne-Maries criteria ;-)

Carsten :)

--
"However, complexity is not always the enemy."

  -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)