[kde-edu]: Ubication and DTD of kvtml translations

Enrique Matías Sánchez (Quique) cronopios at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:56:59 CET 2009

On 1/7/09, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

>> It was important in English for packagers as they looked at the
>> DTD and packaged all .kvtml files only for Kanagram, none for
>> KHangMan which crashed.
>> I don't think it's important for translations but you can change it.
>
> Well, it should be changed to "http://edu.kde.org/kvtml/kvtml2.dtd" because
> it is the one that exists, the other does not exist.

I replaced it in the Spanish files by issuing
    perl -pi -e 's/kanagram/kvtml2/' *kvtml

One more question:
In kdeedu/data/kvtml, files easy.kvtml, hard.kvtml and medium.kvtml
contain this stanza, which other kvtml files lack:

  <wordtypedefinitions>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Noun</typename>
      <specialwordtype>noun</specialwordtype>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Male</subtypename>
        <specialwordtype>noun:male</specialwordtype>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Female</subtypename>
        <specialwordtype>noun:female</specialwordtype>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Neutral</subtypename>
        <specialwordtype>noun:neutral</specialwordtype>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Verb</typename>
      <specialwordtype>verb</specialwordtype>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Regular</subtypename>
        <specialwordtype>verb:regular</specialwordtype>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Irregular</subtypename>
        <specialwordtype>verb:irregular</specialwordtype>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Adjective</typename>
      <specialwordtype>adjective</specialwordtype>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Adverb</typename>
      <specialwordtype>adverb</specialwordtype>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Question</typename>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Name</typename>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Article</typename>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Definite</subtypename>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Indefinite</subtypename>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Pronoun</typename>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Possessive</subtypename>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Personal</subtypename>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Phrase</typename>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Numeral</typename>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Ordinal</subtypename>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
      <subwordtypedefinition>
        <subtypename>Cardinal</subtypename>
      </subwordtypedefinition>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Conjunction</typename>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Preposition</typename>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Informal</typename>
    </wordtypedefinition>
    <wordtypedefinition>
      <typename>Figuratively</typename>
    </wordtypedefinition>
  </wordtypedefinitions>

Spanish translation has this stanza not only in those three files, but
in all kvtml files. Is that right?

Thanks,
 Quique