[kde-edu]: inclusion of MathematiK in kdeedu

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Aug 24 13:55:19 CEST 2009

On Monday, 2009-08-24, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:

> A short reminder about the moving to kdeedu:
>
> The process for inclusion in kdeedu is to first move the application to
> kdereview and at the same time to describe it to kde-core-devel mailing
> list and ask for inclusion in kdeedu. The basic requirements are that it's
> as much as possible based on kdelibs, it builds well, it has a complete doc
> and it is i18n ready. Having a usability study for it and ensuring you did
> some profiling are nice additions.
> The application will stay for 2 weeks in kdereview where it gets peer
> review (usually in the form of answers on the kde-core-devel mailing list)
> If no problems are discovered it can be moved to kdeedu and a bug component
> canbe created for it as well as webpages. You might also considere to blog
> about it and to aggregate your blog on Planet KDE to create a buzz!

Additionally there is the option of going into KDE extragear, permanently or
even just for a while.

We at KDE PIM do the latter for Akonadi resources provided by new developers,
e.g the Google Data resource.
It has the advantage that the author can do more releases at the beginning,
e.g. two or three between KDE releases, can decide on release dates (e.g.
delay if a critical bug is found), etc.

The application is still being translated by KDE's localization teams, it can
be tagged to automatically be included in a source tarball at KDE releases,
etc.

Famous extregear apps are Amarok and K3b.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring