[kde-edu]: Marble Project

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Sun Apr 26 23:04:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

It should be possible to add further placemarks by loading a text editable KML
file.
Adding these additional placemark kmls to the standard view might be a bit
tricky: Marble loads a text editable "DGML" file that describes each map theme.
In there you'll find the file names for the files that are loaded for the
"standard view". You can add your own ones (once they have proven to work when
you simply try to open the KML from the File-Menu entry.

The standard view data is originally created from KML files (and got saved into
binary data streams). These KML files are shipped with Marble's sources.

Hope this helps -- don't hesitate to ask further questions if things are
unclear.

> Off course, the final file would be sent to you for your perusal, and may
> then also be further incorporated as a seperate download or some such under
> the additional downloadable information and files, or as an add-on or
> whatever.

We'd be very interested in such contributions :-)

Regards,

Torsten