[kde-edu]: Bug in Kiten deinflection?

Renaud Casenave-Péré renaud at casenave-pere.fr
Tue Apr 14 16:24:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've started using Kiten some time ago for my japanese studies and I have to say, the deinflection feature is quite handy. As is the "Automatically Search Clipboard Selections" option...
But I think there is a problem while deinflecting verbs with an ending containing a "っ" like:

行く --> 行って/行った
待つ --> 待って/待った
乗る --> 乗って/乗った
買う --> 買って/買った

When encountering such ending, kiten should suggests these four deinflections, but it actually suggests (for 買って, for example):

Possible de-conjugation 買っる as te-form
Possible de-conjugation 買く as te-form
Possible de-conjugation 買つ as te-form

く and つ are correct, but っる is not and う is not even there.

Anyway, thanks for this tool that helps me read japanese much much faster than with any other dictionary... :)

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré