[kde-edu]: FlashQard

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Sep 29 09:41:22 CEST 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008 00:00:06 shahab shirazi wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
> hmmm... I doubt whether flashqard will be switch to KDE classes (and
> renamed to FlashKard). If no one agrees with including this software in
> KDE, then why should I switch to KDE classes? I prefer to spend my time

We cannot agree including or not your program based on your mail and we did
not say we do not want it.
We indicated you what we currently have. You do not explain really why it is
different from Parley or why the missing features could not be added to
Parley or KWordQuiz. Peter asked you specific questions about KVTML for ex:
would you use it? what is missing in it?

Furthermore: would you work on a existing program and extend it or do you only
want to work on your program? If this is the case, would you want other
people to work on your code?
There are many questions you need to answer before even saying YOU want to
join KDE. When you join KDE you benefit from all the KDE infrastructure but
you also have to follow some rules like working with a team and following KDE
development cycles.

We would be very happy to hear more from you about all that.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie