[kde-edu]: About KDE Marble

Francisco Javier fsantos at ujaen.es
Thu Sep 25 12:55:48 CEST 2008

Hi KDE-Edu team and users,

I think Marble is really amazing! and I would like to know if you are
planning to somehow include the import of kmz files in future versions.

Particularly, I was able to open a kml file with a single point location
but I wasn't success opening a gridded map generated with IDV (version
2.5). This same map can be displayed in Google Earth (for Linux), which
also displays animated images (sequence of maps) in kmz format (also
generated using IDV). However, I can't get the gridded map when trying
to open any of these files (either kml or kmz) using Marble (version 0.6
in a Mandriva 2008.0 with kernel 2.6.22.19, i686 IntelCore)

Any suggestion / hint?

Thanks in advance