[kde-edu]: [KTurtle] Unit tests, OO syntax and the website

Niels Slot nielsslot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 19:41:57 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some work on KTurtle the last few weeks.

First I've written a new unit test ruby script. I tried to modify the
existing script but couldn't really understand what Cies was trying to do.
My new script requires a KTurtle script like the
src/interpreter/unittest/test_logic_and_expressions.turtle file. The first
part of this file is a KTurtle script. The second part (below the '### TEST
GOAL') is what should be executed by KTurtle. My script simply compares this
last part with the output from KTurtle.

I've attached my script with this e-mail. I'd like to know from Cies if this
is what he had in mind. And if there's anything more he'd like to see in
unit tests for KTurtle.

Secondly, I've been working on the object syntax idea that Mauricio and I
had at Akademy. I've got the following script running:

forward 100
$x = turtle
$x.forward 50

This moves the default turtle 100 steps, then creates a second turtle and
moves that one 50 steps.

I'd like to share this code, can I make a branch in /branches/work?

I'd also like to ask about the KTurtle website. It's completely outdated. It
would be really cool if someone could change this. Some new KDE4 screeshots,
a change/removal of the 'Current development' and 'Obtain' texts and maybe
my and Mauricio's name on the page would be great. If nobody steps up i'm
willing to do the work, but I'm not sure if I have rights to commit in de
www directory.

Greetings,

Niels