[kde-edu]: [KTurtle] Unit tests, OO syntax and the website

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sat Sep 27 21:54:28 CEST 2008

On Saturday 27 September 2008 19:41:57 Niels Slot wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been doing some work on KTurtle the last few weeks.
>
> First I've written a new unit test ruby script. I tried to modify the
> existing script but couldn't really understand what Cies was trying to do.
> My new script requires a KTurtle script like the
> src/interpreter/unittest/test_logic_and_expressions.turtle file. The first
> part of this file is a KTurtle script. The second part (below the '### TEST
> GOAL') is what should be executed by KTurtle. My script simply compares
> this last part with the output from KTurtle.
>
> I've attached my script with this e-mail. I'd like to know from Cies if
> this is what he had in mind. And if there's anything more he'd like to see
> in unit tests for KTurtle.
>
> Secondly, I've been working on the object syntax idea that Mauricio and I
> had at Akademy. I've got the following script running:
>
> forward 100
> $x = turtle
> $x.forward 50
>
> This moves the default turtle 100 steps, then creates a second turtle and
> moves that one 50 steps.
>
> I'd like to share this code, can I make a branch in /branches/work?
yes, I think so, Pino or Albert will tell me if I am wrong :)
You only need to ask sysadmin at kde.org
by mail and tell them you need commit rights to edu/kturtle

svn is /trunk/www/sites/edu/kturtle

> Greetings,

Best regards and thanks for all the work you do on KTurtle and for sharing
your ideas!

Anne-Marie

PS: I am quite busy and will go abroad for 2 weeks again so I am not so active
but if you need help