[kde-edu]: KTouch development info

Andreas Nicolai Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
Fri Sep 26 10:13:07 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

just a quick info in case someone is currently working or plans on working
on KTouch.

I just hacked around in the KDE 4 trunk version of KTouch and started
cleaning out/revising the keyboard layouts. Now the old ones, without the
XML encoding, are stored in a subdirectory old_and_contributed, which also
contains keyboard layouts I got sent by mail recently.

Also, I added a CMake option KDEEDU_KTOUCH_BUILD_WITH_PHONON that is
normally only shown in the advanced options and turned off by default.
Unless you turn this option explicitely on during the CMake configuration,
the Sound-Preferences page won't be shown and the level change sounds
won't be used. KTouch will also not be linked against Phonon, which should
finally make it work under the KDE-Win port. As soon as Phonon has the
required functionality, we can change the default for this config option
to "on", or even remove it.

As soon as I'm through with revising the trunk version of KTouch (doing
all the annoying Quality-Assurance stuff), I'll port the changes over to
the stable 4.1.2 (or if I need more time) 4.1.3 tag.

Btw, if you plan on doing something with KTouch, I would appreciate a
mail. Thanks a lot!

Andreas