[kde-edu]: OT: Konqueror in Education

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Fri Jun 13 14:26:48 CEST 2008

Dear list,

in school we use KDE 3.5.x (based on Skolelinux+LTSP).
Luckily, many educational tasks are platform independent nowadays
(e.g. in form of Java applets).

Of course we also install Mozilla Firefox (automagically reckognizing
JRE) - but most users start Konqueror by default - and if there is no
experienced around, they will fail to open their Java pages.

Manually, they could set the java path to /usr/bin or /usr/bin/java to
make it work - but isn't there an easier way to do so for all 1000
pupils in a row
- maybe in /etc/kde3?
- or spread/alter existing files in ~/.kde3?

Cheers
Ralf