[kde-edu]: kde-edu Digest, Vol 63, Issue 1

Vladimir ks.vladimir at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 09:14:18 CEST 2008

Hello,

Have you tried building Step without libqalculate ? You can do it by passing
something like -DSTEP_WITH_QALCULATE:BOOL=OFF to cmake when configuring. In
this case you will only lose unit conversion in properties panel - this is
the only place where libqalculate is used in step.

On Monday 02 June 2008 06:54:41 Timothy Niiler wrote:
> Hi Anne-Marie,
>
> I am working on Vector Linux 5.9 which is based on Slackware 12.0.
> Generally the packages are 100% compatible between the distros.  I do
> understand that Slackware (and VL by extension) are not terribly popular
> at this point, but next to Gentoo, they are the fastest distros I've
> ever used.
>
> Other info that may be of interest to you:
> % cat /proc/cpuinfo
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 44
> model name      : Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3300+
> stepping        : 2
> cpu MHz         : 1994.326
> cache size      : 128 KB
>
> It is my belief that the cln and qalculate issues are the issue.  I'll
> follow up on the qalculate forum as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim Niiler
>
> P.S.  As I was thinking about why I'm having this issue but no-one else
> is, it just occurred to me that I had most of the kdesupport libraries
> independent of svn.  I'm going to restart my builds of kdelibs,
> kdepimlibs, kdebase, kdebase-runtime, and kdebase-workspace but taking
> everything from svn just to be sure that there are no inconsistencies in
> the dependencies that might be causing the crash.
>
> > Hi Timothy,
> >
> > What distribution is it so we can work with them on having a working
> > Step?
> >
> > I am sorry you have such problems and I hope that eventually you will be
> > aboe to run Step!
> >
> > Anne-Marie
> >
> > On Friday 30 May 2008 10:19:21 pm Timothy Niiler wrote:
> >>  Anne-Marie,
> >>
> >>  This seems to have worked.  I also had to recompile libqalculate and
> >> cln since these had not been properly linked by the packager.  Sadly, I
> >> get a seg fault (although marble runs beautifully).

      Best Regards,
        Vladimir