[kde-edu]: kde-edu Digest, Vol 63, Issue 1

Timothy Niiler thebin at niiler.com
Mon Jun 2 04:54:41 CEST 2008

Hi Anne-Marie,

I am working on Vector Linux 5.9 which is based on Slackware 12.0.
Generally the packages are 100% compatible between the distros.  I do
understand that Slackware (and VL by extension) are not terribly popular
at this point, but next to Gentoo, they are the fastest distros I've
ever used.

Other info that may be of interest to you:
% cat /proc/cpuinfo
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 44
model name      : Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3300+
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1994.326
cache size      : 128 KB

It is my belief that the cln and qalculate issues are the issue.  I'll
follow up on the qalculate forum as well.

Cheers,
Tim Niiler

P.S.  As I was thinking about why I'm having this issue but no-one else
is, it just occurred to me that I had most of the kdesupport libraries
independent of svn.  I'm going to restart my builds of kdelibs,
kdepimlibs, kdebase, kdebase-runtime, and kdebase-workspace but taking
everything from svn just to be sure that there are no inconsistencies in
the dependencies that might be causing the crash.